2 dates from May 10 2011 - May 17 2011
New World Stages, 340 West 50th Street, New York, NY 10019
Show more event details
Hide event details
- Tuesday, May 10, 2011,
- 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
- Tuesday, May 17, 2011,
- 12:00 AM
- Friday, May 20, 2011,
- 3:00 PM
CALLING ALL DIGITAL ENTREPRENEURS!
Startup 2011 is NYC's premier business plan competition and entrepreneurship conference. Seven companies will present and only one winner will walk away with a $25,000 cash investment from founding sponsor General Catalyst Partners and $75,000 worth of goods and services to boost his or her startup. Join us for a day of inspiring presentations, insights from entrepreneurs and moguls, and a mega-dose of networking.
This year's conference is focused on entrepreneurship and will cover:
* Hiring tech talent - stop whining and just do it!
* Crazy perks (and why they are effective)
* What I did differently the second time around: talk with serial entrepreneurs
* The art of the pivot
* Hooking up: Should you try a co-working space?
* Fundraising do's and don'ts
* Getting the most from your board
* Liquidity! IPO and M&A trends
* How to land softly or get acquired when your startup flames out
* Managing growth: should you bring in adult supervision? And when do you need a ... CFO, Lead Engineer, HR manager, Office Manager?
So join us on May 10 at the New World Stages in NYC. You'll hear from leading entrepreneurs, VCs, corporate development execs, M&A bankers, and more. And you'll pick up valuable insights on how to better run your own entrepreneurial enterprise -- and make invaluable new connections.
2011 Event highlights:
Tickets: new start-up friendly pricing and reasonable prices for everyone else.
Tech Speed-dating: Over lunch you'll have the chance to sign up for the first ever NYC tech speed-dating session, where startup execs in search of tech talent can meet leading tech recruiters, get the lay of the tech landscape, and decide if you want to continue the conversation. It's a fabulous chance to get a fast education and make valuable new contacts.